To gain a fundamental understanding of the human genome and the concept of basic genetics.
- To understand single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and their potential expression from a functional medicine perspective
- To develop an understanding of how foods, nutrients may affect SNPs
- To understand how to interpret selected single nucleotide polymorphisms and apply that knowledge to simple and complex cases
- To gain a thorough understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different methods of DNA testing and the adjunctive functional testing
- To appreciate the need for appropriate and additional functional medicine testing
- To develop an awareness of limits to competence and the importance of appropriate counselling when necessary for your clients